• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton sf-97 question

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I had looked at a m931a2 tractor the seller has the sf-97 and bill of sale paperwork from the government. He put 2010 as the model year on the paperwork so they sent him back the sf-97 with the model year listed as 2010. I believe the actual delivery date is 1991 it does have a rebuild tag for 2010. One is the sf-97 transferrable can he do a bill of sale to me or does he have to reg it and get a title before he can transfer it? Can the sf-97 be amended to show the actual date of 1991. I can imagine town hall would have a field day with what they could try and charge for property tax on a 2010 truck.
Thanks all
Will

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SF97s are not transferable he would have to title it first then sell it/transfer it to you. Not sure on changing the year.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on the state, some get the Florida title and some get the SF97. I don't think you get a choice.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I spoke with a lady at international title. Since the data plate with the serial/vin is marked 91 they said they can reg it and dont need a title or the sf-97 just a bill of sale from the current owner. I looked online they seem to have good reviews. You guys think its worth a shot?
Will

Scarecrow1

Not to cloud the issue but I am confused The SF97 is the title issued to the truck owner by Gov Liquidation . Why would it have a rebuild date on it instead of the MFG year?...... I have mine is in front of me and yes it has been two rebuild tags on it but, the title still states( A 1985 AM General, 923A1 Cargo truck) I just went to town hall today and paid the property Taxes for $44.87. Someone some where needs to fix that title FAST........... Just saying it doesn't sound right

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The guy who has the truck decided a 2010 would be worth more than a 1991 so when he filled out the paperwork he put 2010 and thats what he got back a SF-97 that states its a 2010 model.
Will

commandojeff

I spoke with a lady at international title. Since the data plate with the serial/vin is marked 91 they said they can reg it and dont need a title or the sf-97 just a bill of sale from the current owner. I looked online they seem to have good reviews. You guys think its worth a shot?
Will
Why would you not need a title? You need a title to get the truck registered. Be very careful about buying a truck without a title. I would honestly tell the seller to get the facts straightened out. It's not your problem. There are a lot of these trucks around and this isn't the only chance you will have to get one. When you get the truck insured you need to tell them accurate info on the truck. It is not a 2010 and it is not worth more because he says it is.

When I got my Arizona title back after requesting for a sf-97, it had my name only on it. I wanted my dad's name on the title as well. The lady at the DMV was able to add his name easily when we transferred the title from Arizona to Missouri.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy who has the truck decided a 2010 would be worth more than a 1991 so when he filled out the paperwork he put 2010 and thats what he got back a SF-97 that states its a 2010 model.
Will
That is considered fraud.

the easiest thing is form him to request a new SF-97, pay the additional fee to GL, and title the truck before you buy it.

Im Oklahoma all vehicles require a title. I would think CT would be the same.

Is International doing MVs now? They stopped a while back.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd get a clear title with the correct year or I'd walk away. Do not accept a SF-97 in his name and think you can just walk down to the DMV and get a title in your name. Some states have provisions for getting a title and some don't. Even those that do turn into a paperwork nightmare.

I'd also be careful dealing with one of those title services. States are starting to crack down on them. I don't know anything about International Title but some people have been screwed by title companies in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks