• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton trucks for wildfire watertender service

quickfarms

just fyi but I have spoken with the owner of the M925 in the first ad I posted and what he told me is that the truck has not been modified to get the higher gvw rating. Rather he mentioned a company in Sacramento which legally can uprate these trucks to the higher rating albeit at a cost which he wouldn't disclose.

interesting
Something is not adding up. If you are going through the trouble to up the gvw why go to 45,000, unless the tires are the limiting factor. A three axle truck can go to 46,000?

Hopefully they add a data plate stating the new gvw. What you are paying for is the engineering and them accepting the liability for increasing the gvw.

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something is not adding up. If you are going through the trouble to up the gvw why go to 45,000, unless the tires are the limiting factor. A three axle truck can go to 46,000?

Hopefully they add a data plate stating the new gvw. What you are paying for is the engineering and them accepting the liability for increasing the gvw.
doesn't matter because I am not going down that road...I'd much rather use an m54 or M813 which needs no engineering wizardry to get arrive at their gvw plus I already own one and would not mind another. To me these are the perfect 5ton military truck...simple and **** for stout!

btw, ironic that I run across this one right as we are discussing this topic

71QSCI16130007B.jpg71QSCI16130007A.jpg71QSCI16130007.jpg

I wonder what that tank capacity is? Doesn't look more than 1800gal

Last edited: