• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 and bio

Chevy_Muscle

I'm planning on running homebrew on my M1008 and I was wondering if I should add another inline fuel filter or not. If so, any good choices out there that you would suggest?

kinetichotshot

I filled the tanks on my Pete with Commercial Bio one day. about 150 gal added to apx 150 gal of ULSD. I had a Cat C-16 and a 13spd Eaton. I noticed an immediate drop in power and fuel mileage (went from 6 down to 4.8) also had to change the fuel filter afterwards as it was very restricted! Also, I had an odd craving for french fries the whole time! Never did that again! I have friends that have had major problems after trying bio as well as major problems with ULSD! I have some other friends who haven't had any problems with either (of course they are running newer/lower mileage trucks...)
I have been considering giving bio/homebrew another go, but on a 6.5/6.2 or other smaller/older motor for a pickup or such that wont raise any suspicious eyebrows...
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

res0wc18

ive been running it in my 6.2's cummins and strokers as well as some of the d3's and have not had problems. Although i was sure to gradually blend it in paying attention to make sure to change the fuel filters. It cleans the heck out of everything is why. My stroker was starving for fuel and had no power and low mileage changed both filters and were clogged with the old petrol sludge. It depends on what brand and what you do to ensure the transition.

Do not buy ulsd! it is junk! Buy 5% bio and your saving yourself and injection pump etc etc. Even the chemical lubricants arent nearly as small as the natural molecules in bio. Go bio just ease into it and pay attention.

email me with questions. i check that daily.

Mike_Pop

I've run home brew bio in my M1009 several times. I don't put in more than 50% though. Never had a problem except when it got colder. My fuel filters will clog easily because it gels faster than diesel fuel.