• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Balancer puller/installer found

welpro222

I bought one of the cheap shucks/oreilly's balancer pullers, I beleive it was around $15. It works just fine as a puller. I also notice if you remove the pointed end, it will tread in the crank and then it becomes a installer. It worked great for me, I used the puller part to tread the balancer on. The puller is the piece that you put the puller bolts through, I could tread mine on by hand.

welpro222

Yeah I've been using it to pull my balancer on my 6.2 and when I went to install the new one, I use a rubber mallot and tap it on, but it was stuck. So I was looking at the black stud and comparing it with the crank bolt and they looked similar. I test threaded into a spare crank I had and it threaded into it about 1/2 to 3/4 inch and felt solid. So I was able to thread on my new damper.

BTW has anyone had good experience with the Power Bond brand Balancers?

cucv1833

Thanks for the Info i plan on changing mine very soon and been reading a few threads on this. how long did it take you too chnge 2-3hrs? iv never done one before. Im about to order the same parts now from oreilys im also going to change the crankshaft oil seal i seem to have a small leak.