• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 detonation

Cucvnut

So i had a odd noise coming from my truck and it sounds like detonation. But i am not sure. the truck runs fine just have a odd noise, what are some ways i can tell if its doing this ? i tried looking for a search but nothing really came up.

motormayhem

Hmmm missing injector? Let the engine get ice cold then start it and run it for 30 sec to a min. Then shut it off and feel each port on the exhaust manifold. If one is cold while the rest are hot that cylinder is having issues.

motormayhem

good idea. But i forgot to add its only while the truck is moving not at a stop or in park.
What type of sound? Knocking, Rattling, throaty rumble? How fast? Does it vary with rpm? Roadspeed? Is it worse at a certain rpm range? Any engine blowby from the oil filler? Oil in the intake? Smoking?

:driver:

Cucvnut

its like a rattling sound, its pretty much at any speed. no smoking ill pull the air filter to see if it has oil in the intake. it does not seem to effect the operation, yesterday i did notice the noise started after the truck warmed up. when a IP pump is going out does it make noise ?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not saying that this is it but something else that will cause this type of noise is a cracked flexplate/flywheel.

We need a better description of the noise.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the harmonic balencer. If it's spun. You may have cracked your block/crank. Mine has done this. It ran fine but ratteled.

Cucvnut

Ill check the flex plate ( i have cracked one befor ) but it does not sound like it. i am gonna lift the truck this weekend so when its on the lift ill check the flex plate and bolts and harmonic balancer.

Cucvnut

So i have no idea what makes the noise. i talked to my friend and as soon he can he going to start on my 454 efi wireing harness. im just gonna pull the 6.2 as soon as i can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks