• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 diesel no start fuel problem?? need help

Mercuno

Bought truck put batteries to it, wire at firewall was corroded so I replaced it,replaced starter and she cranked and ran, drove it about 1/2 mile down road behind my place started intermittently losing throttle and dying. Finally just gave up on me. Thought it had ran out of fuel but was time to check everything out.
Get it back replaced fuel filters, injector pump wouldn't even turn by hand so it was replaced, still not running. Fuel is present at injectors but do not know if they would all go bad at same time. Weather is mid 60's so wouldn't think glow plugs would affect it tremendously, gonna try and take injector off but don't know what I'm looking for. Very very light fog of ether got it to act up so I don't think compression is gone. What's next

cucvrus

Anything is possible. Remove them and check them or test them with a test light. There are many ways to test them. I do it the hard way. I remove them all and wrap a wire around the threads to ground and touch the spade to positive and the other end to ground. Dip them in oil. If the smoke instantly they are good. if not. Junk. Do not keep the current to them. It may look cool that they turn red hot instantly but they can explode and send shards flying. Check them out. 3/8" deep socket and go at it. If they don't come out report back and I will give you some advice. I have the tools but if I am going to test them and they are bad I am going to replace them anyway. So I just let my fluke in the tool box. I am used to doing anything and everything with nothing so it comes natural. Good Luck report back.

Mercuno

Replaced glow plugs old ones were swollen on ends and some were cracked. Still no start. Pulled #2 injector looked a little rusty but was running 3 days ago?

Mercuno

Everything happens for a reason.... Wouldn't have changed those ratty glow plugs otherwise. I had to crack the return line on the pump to bleed it and she is firing. Manifold is still off so I shut it down as soon as she cranks. Thanks for the help, I will have more later.