• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 fuel pump installation.

Matt Kahle

Okay weird question, How the heck do you reinstall the lift pump on the 6.2, I know its dumb to ask, but hey I was never from the 1980's. I know what the manual says, I just can't figure it out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the problem, the rod? Pull it out, clean it up real nice and slather it with sticky grease. That will help hold it in place.

sweetk30

I know gm sbc and bbc have a super short bolt just in front face of the block . remove the 3/8 bolt and install longer to pinch the pushrod in the bore .

swap pump and remove long bolt and reinstall super short oem bolt and good to go .

m38inmaine

When you put it back in with the grease turn the engine over slow and keep pushing the rod in, make a full revolution and make sure the rod is in as far as it will go. If not it will be hard to get the pump back in.

cucvrus

I just changed mine 4 times in one week. I am really good at it. 15 - 20 minutes on and off. Where did you get your replacement pump? Look at it closely. Match it up with the old pump. If the lever is different and has any free play it could be the wrong pump. I am only trying to help not be a know it all. It kicked my butt and I was really fit to be tied. I hope that helps.

Matt Kahle

I didn't replace the pump, its a long story I don't want to get into it, I didn't pull out the rod....so I have to take the whole unit out??

cucvrus

Get that little cover plate gasket and some Permatex The Right Stuff and you will be set. When putting the cover plate back on. Line up all 4 bolts the little M6 bolts on the bottom and the 2-3/8" ones that hold the pump on. Tighten the 2 bottom ones and make sure you have greased the push rod. Shove it up into the engine before you put the cover plate back on. You should be good to go. Get the threaded fuel line attached to the pump before you tighten the pump down. Gives you some wiggle room. I hope that helps. I have a few more things I do to make it easy but give that a try. Others may think my method is redundant. Good Luck. Remain calm.