• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 gurus

2002ford

Ok, I have a m1009 that is being parted out. I bought it knowing it needed an IP. I traded the front doghouse for a used IP. I never checked before taking the fenders and stuff off if it would turn over. I checked tonight if it would by putting in 2 batterys. NO GO,NOTHING. Who knows what may have been unhooked.

Now my question is........ How do you bypass everything and get it to try to start. I know the pink wire to the IP is 12 volts. I need ideas to get 24 volt to starter. Also what else would need to be energize to get it to run.

I just need to see if it runs and then I will pull it for another truck. I hope someone else has tried this. I hate to send it to the crusher if it runs.

Thanks in advance,
Doug.

BigWill1985

I know the 6.5td inside and out in it's 12v form, but know nothing about the wiring in the 24v versions. I'll do my best to help you out.

I do have a few questions. Did the engine turn over at all (as in try to start but wouldn't)? Did you get any white smoke out of the exhaust? Have you ensured that the injector pump is getting fuel? Is the lift pump running? You should be able to hear it hum away when you turn the key on. What is the condition of the fuel tank? These injector pumps rely heavily on having a good, pressurized supply of fuel to the injector pump. As a matter of fact, that is the most common way to kill a 6.2 or 6.5td injector pump.

~Will Courtier~

rickf

You need the 24 volt Main battery wire on the starter terminal and the smaller terminal will be a 24 volt starter wire. Basically if you jump from the large terminal to the small one on the starter it will crank.

Rick

2002ford

I didnt try anything before it got parts taken off. The guy I got it off said it wasnt getting fuel and they figured it was the IP. It has sat between 5 to 8 years. This is the truck from the thread a moss covered truck followed me home.

Thanks.