• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 intake porting question

Drock

I ordered the banks sidewinder kit a couple days ago. And I was wondering if there would be any harm, or benefit to gasket matching and/or, smoothing out the cast on the intake manifold? I have little knowledge of diesel engines, and turbos. Would opening up the intake like this make it harder for the turbo to make pressure?

DieselBob

No reason you couldn't. With forced induction the smoothness of the runners and ports is not as critical but cleaning them up and gasket matching can only help reduce any turbulence that could affect cylinder packing.

Drock

Not sure of the crossover position yet? But I think I remember seeing an illustration in the instruction PDF on banks site that showed it in front?

rsh4364

I think you are right,it got me thinking can we flip the drivers side exhaust manifold to face forward to simplfy the crossover,probably not,keep us posted.

I would definitely port and polish the heads. SOP whenever I have a head off on anything from my 8V92TA to my wife's Grand Cherokee Overland. You might also look into swirling the intake valves. Do it right, and you can make even more ponies. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks