• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 J Code Motor with Tranny into a Land Cruiser

niferous

Ok I'm wondering if anyone has a truck they want to sell off as parts that still has the motor, tranny, and at least most of the parts for the motor. I have a Toyota Land Cruiser that I want to drop the 6.2 with tranny into. The Toyota's came with a 2F and mine is not the best running and they are horribly slow. I know my M1009 is a lot faster and get way better gas milleage so I can only imagine it would be much better in a smaller truck. I know a guy who has already done the swap so it can be done I was just hoping someone on here maybe had a truck with a rough body etc they wanted to unload. Also i'm working with another memeber who has a 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban that is a work truck series so I'm hoping to get a lot of the CUCV specific parts off to makea CUCV 'Burb! :grin:

juspar

If no one on here has one I would check craigslist. There is all kinds of older trucks for cheap. Plus you might be able to find one with a 4 speed auto. Then you would get killer mpg. I have seen the truck you were talking about on you tube. Its a diffrent set up but sweet with the turbo. Good luck post some pics of the swap when you get it going.

niferous

Ok question for you guys that swaped a gasser into your CUCV. Will a 350 mount into the trucks without swapping the motor mounts? I called Advanced Adapters and they said that they "think" I just need the motor mounts for a GM 350 V-8.

AHY help is greaty appreciated. :-D

kipman

Old style land cruiser? if so a 350 bolt up is very easy, we did many back 20 years ago, pm me if you need a parts blazer.

jimm1009

I was told that the D series (CUCV) used the 350 motor mounts for some reason only known by Uncle Sam.
I went to purchase genuine GM motor mounts one day by application and they would not work.
When I found the p/n that was used in the military TM they told me that that number was for a gas 350 but it fit my M1009 perfectly.
Perhaps they are cheaper for some reason but the mis-fit was in the frame horns where the rubber mount attaches to the frame and not on the engine side.
Only the Shadow knows!

jimm1009 :roll:

blzrgb

There's a guy i know in north Alabama(muscle shoals) that has several 1008's that he's parting out. Holla if you want his cell number.