• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Oil fill pipe versus 6.5 question

JetbikeAnt

Hello All,

My new M1045A2 has a 6.5 versus my M988 which has a 6.2. When I checked the blow by on the 6.5 and went to put the Oil cap back on the filler tube it did not lock down like the 6.2. It got to a point of "snugness" then would "strip". I would then had to get it to the tightest point and leave it. On my 6.2 it snugs up then locks in and its just plain tight.

I am in need of removing my Injector Pump. The reason for this question is it would be a good time to replace the pipe and it would be easy too. When I tried to put the 6.5 Oil cap on my 6.2 it would just spin and not even snug up. Is this normal? If this is normal for the 6.5 I wont waste the money on a new filler pipe. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks