• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Rebuild Kit.

cucvFLiP

I'm still pretty knew to MV. and from what i know about engines, mine is ready to say "I quit"... Anyone know where i can find a complete 6.2 L rebuild kit, maybe with a Banks sidewinder turbo kit, for cheap?

hobie237

Before worrying about a rebuild kit, I'd worry about whether the block is rebuildable in the first place. I would also drop in a 6.5L long, long before I started putzing around with the 6.2, or just drop in a junkyard/surplus 6.2 replacement if money was tight.

hobie237

My truck is getting a 6500 Optimizer, most likely the naturally aspirated version, as soon as I have the funds to do so. For the interim, we picked up a $300 HMMWV takeout 6.2 as a spare to keep a truck going in a pinch. $4500 buys a NEW 2000-2008 model 6500 N/A, not much of a power boost (173HP, 305 ft-lbs), but the casting issues on the block are improved, fuel economy improved, etc. Turbo drop-ins are in the $7000 range (250hp/550 ft-lbs) and rebuilt 6.5Ls are in the $3500 range.

Hope that helps.