• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Rebuild Kit.

cucvFLiP

I'm still pretty knew to MV. and from what i know about engines, mine is ready to say "I quit"... Anyone know where i can find a complete 6.2 L rebuild kit, maybe with a Banks sidewinder turbo kit, for cheap?

hobie237

Before worrying about a rebuild kit, I'd worry about whether the block is rebuildable in the first place. I would also drop in a 6.5L long, long before I started putzing around with the 6.2, or just drop in a junkyard/surplus 6.2 replacement if money was tight.

hobie237

My truck is getting a 6500 Optimizer, most likely the naturally aspirated version, as soon as I have the funds to do so. For the interim, we picked up a $300 HMMWV takeout 6.2 as a spare to keep a truck going in a pinch. $4500 buys a NEW 2000-2008 model 6500 N/A, not much of a power boost (173HP, 305 ft-lbs), but the casting issues on the block are improved, fuel economy improved, etc. Turbo drop-ins are in the $7000 range (250hp/550 ft-lbs) and rebuilt 6.5Ls are in the $3500 range.

Hope that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks