• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Surge at 50mph

Mr. Chevy

I am driving along and at 45-50 mph, there is a little lack of power. Then when you hit 55mph its has all kind of power. Is this a injection pump failing. I have a new fuel filter installed with the factory setup. It also is a little hard to start. You have to pump the gas 2-3 times.

Thanks for the help!

ssgtwright-usmc

Had a simular problem and went thru the whole fuel system and replaced everything including injectors. I finally found the problem with mine.
A dry rotted rubber hose at the transmission modulator.
Its about 4-6 inches in length.
I replaced the rubber hose with a HD fuel line and now I have steady speed and it shifts alot better.
My only problem is going up hill but that is a differant issue.

Fred431

Had the same problem. Replaced the fuel filter.then the fuel pump died maybe a coincidence but I just drove the !008 from New Hampshire to Florida a distance of 1700 miles problem gone If your fuel pump is the original you might want to replace it before you get stuck on the road