• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L injection pump gear dots.

eodcoduto

I have searched and I cannot find an answer so here we go. I picked up an M1008 engine to go in my Suburban and the engine sat for a long time with the air cleaner off, so I tore it down and put in new bearings and gaskets. So here is my question, I have the dots on the timing chain lined up and #1 at TDC, which way do I rotate the engine to get the dots on the injection pump gears to line up? I can go about 90 degrees either way to make them match but I don't want to be off when I try starting this. I am on leave until Friday and I'm trying to get her back up and on the road and any help is appreciated.

scottladdy

Best thing to do is to follow the directions in the -34 manual for installing the timing chain on page 3-68 and the IP on page 3-121.

cucvrus

The dots should line up gear tooth to gear tooth. Rotate the engine a few revolutions and make sure they are dead on and you are good to go. I am assuming you still have the timing cover off the front of the engine. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks