• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l injectors

123mack

Thanks for the thread. I checked the links, one only had 6.5 injectors and the other was out of stock. The search continues.

HardCorps79

If you don't mind forking over a fat chunk of change I believe realdiesel.com has a rebuild service. Have heard good things, but the prices are steep.

ralbelt

I had mine rebuilt at a local diesel shop where the rebuild injectors and pumps,the truck ran great till a head gasket blew now both heads are out being tested and resurfaced. Rebuild of injectors was just under 4.

allrevup

Rebuilding injectors is easy. Follow one of the many step by step instructions in this site and others, Cleanliness is very important .
The tricky part is how to check for proper atomization and flow balance between injectors... that takes know how and special equipment

Stoudty

Hi, I am new to the site and have a 84 cucv bought at an auction from a fire company. (We call it the Santa Blazer) Would bad injectors cause the engine to hesitate at a fixed speed of 55-65? It feels like the motor cuts out momentarily and then jumps back to full power? Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with ranch hopper. That's a simptom of a plugged fuel filter. And or a lift pump going bad. Check the oil for diesel in it. If the fuel pump is going bad it will leak fuel into the crankcase.

Stoudty

Thanks. I'm a real newbie at the automotive stuff. I already replaed the starter and did a 12 volt conversion. Whats the procedure for changing the fuel filter? Cna I find the how to in a haynes manual?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks