• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L Oil Pans

Tailwheel

Anyone have a source for NEW OE or Aftermarket style oil pans for these 6.2L engines with the 2-piece rear main seal? When I removed mine about 9 months ago one of the lips was warped, I tried to straighten it but now its leaking like a sieve. Appears to be my only oil leak after replacing all lower seals and covers with new OE parts and its progressively getting worse and making an absolute mess.

Squibbly

Got a pic of the damaged lip?
Seems like someone here has probably fixed a few warped lips.

I'd flip it over on a flat surface and clamp a 1x2 (or something else that fits into the lip area) into the lip to straighten it if it's not too bad.

cucvrus

I don't think the HMMWV pan will correctly fit on a CUCV. I have transplanted a few HMMWV engines into CUCV's and always removed the oil pan and replaced it with a CUCV oil pan. I may be wrong but if it does fit I knew it didn't belong there and I didn't want to take a chance of the axle tagging it. Good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks