• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L Stalling Off-Camber? Nose Down?

Lizard Dog

Hi guys thanks for following up. The truck went under the knife at the end of last year and I still haven't gotten it back on the (off)road for a proper shakedown.

(Installed a lift and 3/4 tons, H1 wheels/tires)

IMG_2778.jpg

I'll report back if I'm still stalling with a new filter. I replaced the lift pump about 10k miles ago.

Skinny

How is the truck's idle speed? I would imagine if it was on the low side, doing some technical hill descent would tax the engine by being hard on the brakes and steering. When my truck idled too low, it would almost stall just trying to park because I had my foot on the brake and was requesting full steering assist.

dependable

As mentioned before, it could be air leak or bad lift pump. Testing the lift pump is easy. There is usually a hose coming off the top (passenger) side of the filter base. If not, add a hose to that nipple, put the hose in a clear container, open the black plastic valve, crank the motor, the container should fill with diesel pretty quickly. If air bubbles do not stop, you have a leak in line before the filter base.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys thanks for following up. The truck went under the knife at the end of last year and I still haven't gotten it back on the (off)road for a proper shakedown.

(Installed a lift and 3/4 tons, H1 wheels/tires)

View attachment 609792

I'll report back if I'm still stalling with a new filter. I replaced the lift pump about 10k miles ago.
Ever get it fixed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks