• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 engine harness on a 6.2?

erasedhammer

So I've been going over the a2 body harness that I will be using with my 4l80 and it looks like I will need a 6.5 engine harness because of the connections to the engine rpm sensor and the TPS.

Would a 6.5 NA engine harness work with a 6.2 engine?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes....I have some.
You will have to change the injection pump, or at least the upper section of it.
Pump rebuilder can do it.

Last edited:

erasedhammer

Yes....I have some.
You will have to change the injection pump, or at least the upper section of it.
Pump rebuilder can do it.
But the harness works with the rest of the components on the 6.2? And where would I get a different upper section of the IP?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But the harness works with the rest of the components on the 6.2? And where would I get a different upper section of the IP?
Should be fine.
You need to find the whole Inj. pump.....A rebuilt one, or a takeout and have a shop go thru it.
I might have a takeout.

erasedhammer

Should be fine.
You need to find the whole Inj. pump.....A rebuilt one, or a takeout and have a shop go thru it.
I might have a takeout.
And what kind of IP is this, a 6.5 NA IP? Or just any old diesel IP.

Also why do I need a new IP with the 6.5 engine harness?

Last edited: