• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 suburban parts vehicle for my 6.2 m998

broylz

I have found a 1994 k2500 suburban near me with a locked up motor. I'm curious about building a 6.2 turbo motor with the 4l80 swap.

Is this a good donor? Would the heads or fuel pump and injectors or any other parts be good upgrades?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found a 1994 k2500 suburban near me with a locked up motor. I'm curious about building a 6.2 turbo motor with the 4l80 swap.

Is this a good donor? Would the heads or fuel pump and injectors or any other parts be good upgrades?
Unlikely turbo will fit... IIRC only the van engines with turbos fit.

Posters here state 4L80 is a difficult swap. There is a ton and a half of postings about it on this site, so "Search" is your friend.

If the Suburban has a 700R4 you're in better luck, IMHO.( I have no idea what trannies Suburbans run/ran).

Search "700R4" and "bowtie" and some great information will come up regarding 700R4 if you're interested.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe others will weigh in also. Until then, search is your friend. Search "Swap" and 4L80