• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 to 6.2 parts interchangeability?

broylz

Im looking at buying a 1996 chevy truck that has a 6.5 TD and a 700r4 4x4 drivetrain. I am aware that the truck turbo manifold system won't fit the humvee amd i will be looking for a van intake and manifild system.

My question is on the 12v conversion. What parts could i put on my 6.2 block to maintain its strength over the 6.5 block issues? Glow plugs? Gp controller? Starter? Alternator?

And mechanically, is the serpentine setup a fit? Will the heads bolt on? Are the injectors different?

For the few hundred bucks this truck is for sale for, it seems like a cheap way to add most of a turbo kit, upgrade heads, 12v conversion, and overdrive conversion...

broylz

Also, plan is to add a marine pump to keep up with the turbo and maintain the mechanical injection. Same reason for using the 7004r, no electronics

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck is stock it will have a 4L80 transmission behind the 6.5. Not a 700R4. NDT is correct the turbo heads for the hummer/van models have a different angle for the intake bolts. Along with a turbo mounting port on the block for the oil feed and return on the turbo. All other parts are interchangeable

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im looking at buying a 1996 chevy truck that has a 6.5 TD and a 700r4 4x4 drivetrain. I am aware that the truck turbo manifold system won't fit the humvee amd i will be looking for a van intake and manifild system.

My question is on the 12v conversion. What parts could i put on my 6.2 block to maintain its strength over the 6.5 block issues? Glow plugs? Gp controller? Starter? Alternator?

And mechanically, is the serpentine setup a fit? Will the heads bolt on? Are the injectors different?

For the few hundred bucks this truck is for sale for, it seems like a cheap way to add most of a turbo kit, upgrade heads, 12v conversion, and overdrive conversion...
Don’t waste your time and money, if your looking to upgrade your HMMWV’s drivetrain, just buy a takeout Military turbo drive train.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks