• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5l injectors on 6.2 w/ 6.5 IP

erasedhammer

So I have a 6.5 injection pump on my 6.2, and I plan on replacing my old injectors soon but I don't know which to get, 6.5 or 6.2 injectors...
I am mostly worried about EGTs being too high. Is there a danger to adding those 6.5 injectors to my setup?

Also what's a good reliable source for new injectors? ebay seems to only have used ones, hummerpartsguy maybe?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have a 6.5 injection pump on my 6.2, and I plan on replacing my old injectors soon but I don't know which to get, 6.5 or 6.2 injectors...
I am mostly worried about EGTs being too high. Is there a danger to adding those 6.5 injectors to my setup?

Also what's a good reliable source for new injectors? ebay seems to only have used ones, hummerpartsguy maybe?
As far as I know, EGT's run hot under LEAN conditions. I assume the 6.5's push higher volumes potentialluy creating RICH conditions.

Feel free to correct me everyone.

Ciao,

T

erasedhammer

As far as I know, EGT's run hot under LEAN conditions. I assume the 6.5's push higher volumes potentialluy creating RICH conditions.
Feel free to correct me everyone.
Ciao,
T
Well since I don't have that extra 0.3l that the 6.5 would normally have, I assume a 6.2 thats pushing a 6.5 amount of fuel through it would run richer because of the lower volume of the engine?

Monkeyboyarmy

No such thing as a lean burn in a diesel. There are no throttle plates on a diesel to limit air flow so they get all the air that they can all of the time. Adding more fuel adds more heat.....to a point.

erasedhammer

No such thing as a lean burn in a diesel. There are no throttle plates on a diesel to limit air flow so they get all the air that they can all of the time. Adding more fuel adds more heat.....to a point.
So I should stay away from the 6.5 injectors? the 6.5 IP I got was rated for 165 hp, I'm guessing the 6.5 injectors would really turn up the heat though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks