• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5l NA GEP Engine Intake Manifold Hardware

Crapgame

Have any of you experience removing the Intake Manifold on the 6.5l NA GEP engine block trucks? The studs and bolts I have a chart for what goes where and what needs teflon pipe sealant and what needs Loctite 272. But one of the metric bolts is shorter than the others. I'm worried I might put the long bolt where the short bolt is supposed to go, wind up fornicating vertically a valve or lifter. The TM just lists X quantity of Bolts with Part and NSN, same for the Studs, I don't see a separate Part or NSN for a shorter bolt in either the Main TM 24P or the 6.2/6.5l Engines Parts TM. My brother is knowledgable about GM motors, mostly gasoline high performance Camaro and 'Vette engines, diesel, not so much.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM only shows 4 different bolts, long bolts with and without studs and short bolts with and without studs.
It is probably not going to be an issue, (unless it is much shorter than it should be) maybe someone swapped out a bolt in the past.
Of course you would never tighten a bolt that bottoms out before going all the way in.
If I am wrong I am sure someone will chime in here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks