• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 amp voltage regulator burned up

I just happen to check my voltage output the other day and it was 32.4. I did a bunch of reading and ordered a new 60 amp voltage regulator. I installed it today and still getting 32 volts with the voltage screw all the way down. The brushes looked good to me.20220518_115949.jpg

papakb

Turning the control potentiometer CCW increases the voltage! Turning it CW decreases it. Something else is wrong because normally you don't have that kind of adjustment range. Have you checked for AC on the output? You might have a bad diode pack that's frying the regulator. There are 2 of them inside, one positive and one negative. They do occasionally fail and are replaceable.

Make sure to blow out any carbon dust thats built up in the housing while your in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks