• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 mm motar ammo box

trowel

While i was at the local army surplus store in West Springfield

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4dxoHRLBPTBhxmgwA&sig2=rZHDJN9CsBJkvkk0uXITNg

I picked up a few more ammo boxes. The original plan was for two of the grenade ammo boxes and a 120 mm Motar box but then i saw these 60 mm boxes, the sales person at the desk corrected me stated that the boxes were for gun scopes or night vision goggles of some kind, when i opened the boxs it had a soft foam linner inside confirming it. I also know of these boxes as ''Tall Boys'' of the 50 cal.
The reason im posting here is not so much the uses of the ammo boxes which was used for a lot of things or a schooling regarding them but while looking on the net at other surplus stores i noted that there is a limited amount to none of these boxes for sale. Are these becoming rare now ?

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are much more useful than the 81mm ammo cans, the brown turd looking ones that bend and never close right. 60mm cans are great for putting military manuals and books in them for storage....

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PVS-14 NVDs were sometimes fielded to Army units in these boxes. 1 NVD and accessories per box. I've seen multiple types of of hard cases come with PVS-14's, these seemed to come with later fieldings.

rlwm211

The can has the same footprint as a 50 cal ammo box and to be honest are not all that tough as compared to the 20MM cans.

I got a good price on the ones I bought and I do a fair amount of business with thi store which always makes a difference.

I have a S280 on the bqack of my deuce setup as a camper. I use the ammo cans for modular storage and they provide a pretty much watertight seal which is a good thing.

trowel

I stand corrected and is pleased the thought of rarity is eradicated.
Thank You, i will be waiting for more, the 120 mm Mortar boxes are next.