• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'64 REO M35a2 clean-up/restore.....

Ben613

Hi all! First let me say thanks to all the people who make this place what it is.....INVALUABLE!!!!
This will be the first MV I've had. So, there will be newb questions. Here goes.....

I will be starting with a '64 REO m35a2 according to the data plate...which, has been changed. Went to recover with 101coolcars and his deuce...intending on towing it back...BUT...everything checked out, put in new batteries and she fired right up!!!! Good brakes too! You can lock them on concrete!

Cost me about $2200 recovery costs included....

I drove it home just shy of 150mi through the mountains. Coolant maintained 185f-200f even when climbing. Every gauge works. Here are a couple cool things I've found on it so far....."solargizer", ether assist, windshield washer kit! Manifold heater, (How well do these work?) It also has auxiliary fuel lines run up to the bed....I will make use of those!!!

Worst thing on the truck is the paint! Looks like 7 layers of peeling Benjamin Moore...(nickname)

I'll be posting lots of pictures as I go.....Enjoy!

Ben

18operator

Good job finding that truck at a really nice price! First thing I would do is pull your wheels off and check out the brakes. The first day I drove my truck, I locked the brakes up on pavement trying to avoid an oncoming car. The brakes worked fine , but when I removed the front drums, both wheel cylinders were leaking badly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks