• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

66 Cents/mile to WY

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just thought i'd post up, that deals are still out there. I caught a back haul from GA to WY for the M37. It came out right at 66 cents a mile. It'll be here right after Thanksgiving. Needless to say I am quite happy.:jumpin:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeaaaaa. i am happy for you.. good things come to good guys like you.. a well deserved break. still hope to come up and see you guys one day soon:driver:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeaaaaa. i am happy for you.. good things come to good guys like you.. a well deserved break. still hope to come up and see you guys one day soon:driver:
Tim, You and Pam are more than welcome to come out anytime, there's alot to see (even non MV stuff too).

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a tractor hauled from KS for $1.00 a mile and I thought that was a steal. 66 cents is unheard of these days but I guess it beats the driver going home empty.

86m1028

Just thought i'd post up, that deals are still out there. I caught a back haul from GA to WY for the M37. It came out right at 66 cents a mile. It'll be here right after Thanksgiving. Needless to say I am quite happy.:jumpin:
Congrats on the find.

I had a "short haul" 150 miles, that was an easy back haul for a lot of guys.

Everyone (truckers) around here are LAZY.
They would rather drive empty than back haul.
I had quotes as high as $9 a mile.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, Do you still want the hubs for the disk brake conversion, or can you machine the front ones from your truck? We are supposed to get 5-8" Saturday. Nuce truck by the way. Glad you got it home! [thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, Do you still want the hubs for the disk brake conversion, or can you machine the front ones from your truck? We are supposed to get 5-8" Saturday. Nuce truck by the way. Glad you got it home! [thumbzup]
I need 1 hub (front are already disks). I can use mine but it would be nice to be mobile. Just let me know. BTW, If you go back buy the 2 rear axle shafts; just let me know how much.:wink:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking M37, W/W? Love to see those nice, complete finds.
It's actually a 1962 W/W, hardtop, heater, detroit locker, highway gears, radials. I installed front disks right before we left GA. Now I am hooking up the dual M/C and getting ready to go.:wink: