• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

68 deuce valve that feeds fuel to intake side if turbo leaks help.

Brock Steel

I just changed over to the spin on primary fuel filter adapter and after starting her up looking for fuel leaks at the filter i found none. But there was a small leak at the cold start filter but a little tighten there and she quit. But then noticed a leak dripping on the turbo from the back of a valve screwed into the intake side of the turbo housing. See picture. Were can I get a replacement and what is it called?:grin:

Brock.

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

there are 2 or 3 o-rings inside that unit can need to be replaced. No need to replace the whole thing. I would pull the two fuel lines off and cap them in the meantime.

wsucougarx

My first deuce had a leaky one as well. I threw some RTV on the end of the unit for a temporary fix until repairs could be made. I was on a little trip and didn't have anything to cap the unit off with.

Brock Steel

Yep I just dabbed a finger full on it. I need to pick up my new trailer in Apple Valley Ca and I don't need it not to catch fire. How do you take it apart?

Last edited:

Boatcarpenter

Pull the lines and unscrew it. The nut is a locknut so you can screw it in until it is tight with the flat side up for the fuel lines and then snug the locknut.
BC

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend that you remove the nozzle and bench test it for leaks. The fine fuel line is the feed and it has 50 or so psi on it when engine is running, the 1/4 inch line is the return.
You want to make sure there is no leak via the nozzle into the intake, where raw fuel will mix with the air and cause an engine runaway condition, not likely, but it could happen.

Original installations of the flame heater also had a shut-off valve in both the feed and return lines. It is possible that the nozzle was redesigned to eliminate the need for those valves, but I don't have any original nozzles, so I'm not sure, in any case, the valves served a purpose.

Barrman

You might have to remove the pipe between the turbo and the intake to un screw the leaking part. Just wanted to warn you that the job is bigger than it looks to take it off.

Motorcar

I had to remove the four nuts on the intake plenum and pull that off for the nozzle to clear the slobber tube, it was the easier of the two ways for me. Napa had fuel resistant O-rings for .47 cents each. Put it back together and it works like a champ.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks