• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

686A Tan - current sources, Gillespie and others?

Adamlee

Hey, which vendors are current with their stock of 686 Tan? Anybody know?

From what I've heard, Gillespie is the paint to go with. BTW, this would be in gallon increments for a paint sprayer NOT rattle-cans.!

Thank you!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mark at RAPCO stocks it as does George at Army Jeep Parts. I'm sure there are others. I have had good luck with the GC Tan paint in the past.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cool site, Mark. I plan on painting my next truck in the water-based CARC from Sherwin Williams. I have used the solvent based CARC before and it does a nice job, but water-based would be so much easier to thin and clean up.

1stgear

I got 2 gallons of the 383 CARC Green from Rapco. Great paint and easy to spray (was my first time too). Delivered to my door the 2 gallons were $110. I think I got the paint 2 days after ordering too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks