• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6BT swap questions

Mrgior31513

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had ever been to one of the Haspin rallys you wouldn't think burning waste motor is that remarkable. Throw a gallon jug on a bonfire. ;-)

My Brother took his Dodge with a 6BT to a guy in Columbus, IN to have him tune it. The guy worked at the Cummins plant locally and had written a lot of docs on the engine. I think he tweaked to around 300HP with just stuff you can do without opening the engine up or replacing pieces (turbo).

My Brother could not believe the difference when the guy was done.
Lol, I meant burning it through an engine, not in a bonfire. Cutting used motor oil, hydraulic oils, corn oils, etc with some red diesel for off-road driving is pretty cheap fun.

Yep, on the 12v P7100 bosch pump, you can simply turn a screw to increase the fuel and instantly get a lot more power from stock. Bumping up the injection pump timing also adds a great deal of hp to it compared to stock. They were very de-tuned from the factory and had 'free' HP increases from a bit of labor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks