• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6th Brake Hose?

JimmyThompson

I bought a set of brake lines from BigMike on Ebay recently and my truck is being worked on as I type... My mechanic just called and said I need a 6th brake line?!!? Anybody know what it's all about? Thank you in advance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask him for the part number from the -20P TM.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He basically said that there are two for the front tires, two coming off of the master cylinder and in the rear two from the "block". Overall that is six.
There are two on the front axle at the wheels where they steer, one from the frame to the front axle, and two (one each axle) on the rear that go from the "block" to each axle. I don't know where he is saying two off the master cylinder?????

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The master?

Unless someone in the past redid your truck with homemade hoses, that's not the case. There is a double flared hard line that carries brake fluid from the master to the airpack, then a double flared hard line that carries fluid to various distribution blocks on the vehicle. There is a rubber hose on the passenger front frame rail, where the hard line terminates for the front circuit and the hose carries fluid down to the hard line mounted on the front axle, which then distributes the fluid to the left and right front hoses. Then there are the two hoses in the rear.

20140605_164730[1].jpg20140605_164719[1].jpg

If your truck does indeed have flexible rubber hoses on the master or airpack, have him replace them with the correct hard lines.