• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6TL batteries cheap!

PowerstrokeNC

Interstate battery on the corner of Guilford college and Markest ST in GBO, NC
They ordered a bunch in for a local municipality, and need to het rid of whats left...

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just found a smoking deal on 6TL's. Only 3 left, I just bought 4 :)
$65.00 ea, brand new with warranty.
Anybody looking for these in the Greensboro, NC area?
Have these been activated? If not, they will store for a while. All my 6TLs in my deuces are working fine, but they are getting old. If they haven't been activated, I might be interested in driving over.

Mark2X2

Just found a smoking deal on 6TL's. Only 3 left, I just bought 4 :)
$65.00 ea, brand new with warranty.
Anybody looking for these in the Greensboro, NC area?

I will never buy another Interstate or NAPA for my own stuff ever again. We have have about a 70 batteries in logging equipment, trucks, tractors and buses. Strong Box and Hibernator from John Deere are the best. They will honor the warranty. Interstate will screw you every time, 13 months and you pay a steep pro rate and your still stuck with a crap battery that you get replace again in 13 months. Same with NAPA. I just put two Wal-Mart Batteries in my Deuce, three year free replacement $80 ea. Modified the hold down and made a longer center cable.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will never buy another Interstate or NAPA for my own stuff ever again. We have have about a 70 batteries in logging equipment, trucks, tractors and buses. Strong Box and Hibernator from John Deere are the best. They will honor the warranty. Interstate will screw you every time, 13 months and you pay a steep pro rate and your still stuck with a crap battery that you get replace again in 13 months. Same with NAPA. I just put two Wal-Mart Batteries in my Deuce, three year free replacement $80 ea. Modified the hold down and made a longer center cable.
:ditto: my experience with Interstate has been consistantly bad.
now Interstate 6tl's @ $65, I would have bought them too!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have been running interstates in our backhoe and trucks and never have had a problem . The wal-marts around here refuse to warranty any batteries I'v had 2 that lasted less than 3 months , sears die hards just as bad

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Interstate 6TLs in both my deuces and they were original from when I recovered the trucks. All four are old and work fine. One secret is to make certain that you keep them topped off. I also use my trucks regularly and I think exercising the batteries is better than letting them sit. That being said, I agree with the earlier post concerning John Deere batteries. I just replaced two JD batteries in my 4600 (Hibernator) and 5520 (Strongbox) tractors. The Hibernator lasted 11 years and the Strongbox lasted 8 years. Although more expensive, I went right back to John Deere for replacements.

quickfarms

I have had good results with interstates.

The solid state voltage regulator helps with battery life.

I also have a keyed kill switch on my batteries so there is no drain during storage.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a quote of $140 each for 6TLs. If the $95 price is for 6TLs I'd jump on it. I ended up going with a group 31 because there's no way I'm paying $140 if I can find a battery with the same specs for $80.

I've had real good luck with Interstate. I don't know how good there warranty is though. I've never had one go bad within the warranty period.

Matt65

I am running 2 blem Interstate group 31s I got for $45 / pc. Tested out at 1100 CA. Strong batteries with 1 yr warranty.

Smokinyoda

Thats what I use, no problems yet. They are getting hard to find lately though. Seems everything that comes in recently are screw on terminals and a local trucking company buys them up by the pallet.

I am running 2 blem Interstate group 31s I got for $45 / pc. Tested out at 1100 CA. Strong batteries with 1 yr warranty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks