• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6x6=Best of Both Worlds x 6x6 =

Ok I posted back a couple of weeks ago about trading my Deuce for a Polaris 6x6 or JD Gator 4x6, Sooooooo.... I got the Best of both Worlds, still have the Deuce and I traded a couple other things I had just laying around :twisted:. Look what daddy just brought home for the kids!!!! Its a 05 Argo BigFoot W/ a plow and roll bar with less than 50 hours on it. OMG:-D still have the big 6x6 up on our dirt waiting to play with its new little buddy.
I will post some more pics when its light out. Oh I drove it home on a trailer through our uptown area where my wife and kids are Trick or Treating ( for that matter the entire town of Sedona) And had her check it out, she's completely discussed, as will the rest of my Neighbors. I have so little in it I'm embarrest to say out loud, sufic it to say I'm giddy with excitement.

Attachments

roscoe

My folks had the 8x8 argo with a winch and snow blade. Its a lot of fun but its a pretty rough ride. I think you can get over the tire tracks for the snow. If it bottoms out in the snow you go nowhere. Also a trolling motor will get you going a little faster in the water. Glad you kept your deuce. Have fun with it.

Mark2X2

Argo 6X6

Ok I posted back a couple of weeks ago about trading my Deuce for a Polaris 6x6 or JD Gator 4x6, Sooooooo.... I got the Best of both Worlds, still have the Deuce and I traded a couple other things I had just laying around :twisted:. Look what daddy just brought home for the kids!!!! Its a 05 Argo BigFoot W/ a plow and roll bar with less than 50 hours on it. OMG:-D still have the big 6x6 up on our dirt waiting to play with its new little buddy.
I will post some more pics when its light out. Oh I drove it home on a trailer through our uptown area where my wife and kids are Trick or Treating ( for that matter the entire town of Sedona) And had her check it out, she's completely discussed, as will the rest of my Neighbors. I have so little in it I'm embarrest to say out loud, sufic it to say I'm giddy with excitement.
A friend stored his Argo 6X6 at my place, he was quite old and has since passed on. When he first got it I took him out to figure out how to run it. Here are a couple things I learned. If you swim it, distribute the passengers weight very even, if just using the tires to propel don't brake to steer just lean it. To get out of the water with out winching it out you need to look for a spot shaped almost like a boat ramp. Any kind of banks you will just bounce off. Some thing like this anchor#1259561 Northern sells comes in handy.
His was a late 80's model, if you don't have the manuals for locating grease zerks his had two per tire, you could get one with tire on, the other you had to pull the tire. He had plastic tracks for winter, I would just pull the three tires per side to take tracks off and on spring and fall and hit the zerks with grease then.
Other than adjusting the steering brakes never had to do much on it.

North Star Trailer Portable 22in. Earth Anchor, Model# EA1 | Anchors, Bungees + Accessories | Northern Tool + Equipment

Checked it out for Radium paint, its ok! Had to back it down hill to power wash the shyt out of it, I emptied buckets of leafs and sludge out of it. My challenge is now getting all the rust off the drive line chains and sprockets and properly lubing the drive train. My hope is to find the rest of its ills and get it on the dirt. The deuce is looking like a real nice transport and support truck:-D. Already have some Mods in mind, funny what a week can change.