• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7.5' meyer plow on m1009 any guys with experience?

iasc399ia

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=346930&d=1342751586

Hello gents had a question for you guys with plows. I've decided to throw a plow on my m1009 we have an appointment next month, it's nothing crazy just a rebuilt meyer 7.5 with new cutting edge, etc.

What modifications might I consider and how well do these plow (m1009)? Also for you guys that have thrown plows on these trucks did you loose clearance or approach angle when the plows off in the summer?

So far we have regeared to 4.10's, obviously we run studded tires in winter but have one set of chains. Planning on second set, have winch and custom bumper on it. The install guy said he can work the plow mount around it no issues.

Pictures don't show it but I now have a military 12k warn winch mounted in the bumper. That winch is an absolute beast by the way.

I was thinking re arching the springs and an add-a-leaf might be needed. I thought about a deep tyranny pan as well. Already added an external tyranny cooler and egt gauge also put in a tranny temp gauge as well. I'd like lockers in the rear end but am holding out as I've got a 14ff waiting on standby if I go that direction.

Any input will help, thanks guys.
If you don't mind sending me a pm of where you got the winch. I have been looking for awhile and everyone wants 4 arms and 2 legs for one. Thanks