• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 Ton cargo cover and hardware

blhar15

I just did the same with a complete 5 ton kit, except the cover, I found the actual cover for the MTVR. Note, the 5 ton series trucks use six staves on each side and the MTVR uses seven, so you need one extra pair. Now, I just need to find another set of the seat backs, as my truck only came with the front set.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did the same with a complete 5 ton kit, except the cover, I found the actual cover for the MTVR. Note, the 5 ton series trucks use six staves on each side and the MTVR uses seven, so you need one extra pair. Now, I just need to find another set of the seat backs, as my truck only came with the front set.
Blhar15, you are correct but maybe we should say you need AT LEAST 7 sets. I see that the bed sides have places for 9 sets and the storage rack behind the cab has places for 8 sets.

20200107_125738.jpg

blhar15

The TM I have for the MK23, 14' bed shows seven on each side. I am sure you end up with more on the longer trucks with the 20' bed.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the regular bed. There are 4 staves per bed side and there are 2 sides on each side. So that is 8 and there is one more in the corner up by the cab end of the bed. So you could put 9 sets of staves in if you wanted to. I think two of the sets are very close and you don't need to double up when they are so close. So 7 sets seems about right.

20200107_161418.jpg

20200107_161435.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed the seats but the pins used to attached the seats to the bed sides were missing. I used 1/4 inch bolts instead and they work but it would be better to use 5/16 bolts. Of course, use lock nuts so the bolts don't rattle out.

20200108_173230.jpg

20200107_184310.jpg

20200107_184330.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had high hopes some years ago when the MTVR came out that I could finally get a fitted tarp for my ISO bed Marine M813. It was not to be, I measured the 7-ton bed, it was 14' not 15'. :( On the 813, the spare tire and davit are inside the front of the bed, rather than mounted behind the cab.

Not trying to be a know-it-all, but offering some constructive advice - the tarp actually goes the other way around on the truck. The triangular flaps should fold from the front around onto the sides, and the side ones around to the back. This will keep the wind from inflating your tarp as much when you drive, and will keep most of the rain out. ;)

Cheers

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M813rc,

"Not trying to be a know-it-all, but offering some constructive advice - the tarp actually goes the other way around on the truck. The triangular flaps should fold from the front around onto the sides, and the side ones around to the back. This will keep the wind from inflating your tarp as much when you drive, and will keep most of the rain out. "

Yes, I know. I fixed it after I took the photos. Thanks for mentioning it though. It is strange because from the way the tarp is constructed, the seam at the top is the other way. So if you do it the proper way, then the seam at the top is bent because it is sewed the other way.

I have been to Austin my times. My brother, who was a Major in the Air force, lived there. He has passed away now.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry on the loss of your brother.

Due to stupidity on the part of the then-city council, Bergstrom AFB got closed down and turned into the city airport. Only after the fact did they realize it was a major local employer and was going to cost huge money to turn into a civilian facility.. That's what you get for voting old hippies and street corner flower sellers into office.... :rolleyes:

Cheers

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I was playing around with the bolt for the cargo bed seats and I found out the correct size for the seat to bed side is 3/8 of an inch. I bought a few pins with the retainer and so now I can take the seats off without tools. Of course, if you need room in the bed, you can fold up the seats to get them out of the way so you don't need to take them off.

00001IMG_00001_BURST20200202120248.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks