• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 ton MTVR Parts Reference Spreadsheet

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Last edited by a moderator:

MTVR

I've also got a long list of cab components with an exploded diagram, for the Pierce Hawk Extreme. Pierce is a division of Oshkosh, and sells rebadged Oshkosh vehicles to civilian fire departments. The "Hawk Extreme" is a rebadged MTVR. Let me know if you guys want it...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The purpose of the parts spreadsheet is for a local source of parts to be found. I.e. napa oreillys for those needing parts soon, rather than having to order everything

Most things found on the truck is not going to have a civilian equal except those things in the brake and air systems. Like the LMTV trucks, they are not built based on a civilian truck design like older vehicles. M915 series trucks are based on Freightliner and Western Star units. 5 tons were based on Mack's pretty much. If you notice those part spreadsheets are full of parts found

My transfer program has ran a big list of the military nsn from the parts list I have. I just have to make time to label and check against the availability of the item.

Takes a

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Update bump

I do not keep my computer handy much so I can only do so much thru my phone.

chrisross

the various red and orange marker lights are also known as the Truck Lite Model 35, specifically Truck Lite 35200R (red) and 35200Y (orange/yellow) and the rear harness that goes into them is the Truck-Lite 94862

chrisross

I've also got a long list of cab components with an exploded diagram, for the Pierce Hawk Extreme. Pierce is a division of Oshkosh, and sells rebadged Oshkosh vehicles to civilian fire departments. The "Hawk Extreme" is a rebadged MTVR. Let me know if you guys want it...
Pierce actually claims in one of their Youtube marketing videos that they received the basic castings and designs to manufacture the Oshkosh parts themselves.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Baldwin B99 is another cross for the CAT oil filter
Bit of advice.

Run only the manufacturers specific filters on the engine it calls for. Cat filters are great and if they ever fail and cause engine damage or an environmental impact cat will step up and cover it. Quickly. Same goes for fleetguard on a cummins.

CAT filters are made the same plant in illinois as donaldson filters and that is that plants only task.

JW7tonWY

The headlights use a standard H4 24V bulb, they can be replaced in the housing. it is a pain but can be done. New bulbs appear to be brighter then OEM.

I purchased Hella bulb for something like $10 on Amazon, bulb socket and wire harness, and a tube of caulk from hardware store, 60MM Heat shrink to finish it. I have pictures as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks