• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700R4 and NP205?

Iceman3005

I have done a couple of these builds, I have used NP208's and NP205's, Also if you want to use the NP205 with the 32 spline, advance adapters has a kit for that. I however used the np 205, adapter, and the sleeve from behind a turbo 350, used a 2 inch spacer and cut about an inch off the tail shaft of the trans, that kept the costs very low. If you go to my profile you can see build there with pics.

wayne pick

Thanks mijon, just passing along some info I came across a few years ago. The 205 is just about indestructable unless it's run out of oil, or bashed open running over rocks n stuff. I was never a big fan of the chain type transfer cases when they first came out.

cliffyp

I used a 1700 stall converter. That's as high as I would want. As to lock up. I put a 3 position switch on the dash and a 4th gear pressure switch inside the trans. The three positions are manual lock (in 2nd, 3rd or 4th), off, and 4th gear auto lock. The lock up solenoid is wired up to 12v. Manual switch grounds or when in auto position the 4th gear pressure switch grounds when the trans goes into overdrive.

wayne pick

I used a Monster transmissions B29-SD 1650 stall super duty converter, $290.03 when I ordered my trans. the impeller is brazed, not spot welded. My rebuilder used a cheap converter when he rebuilt the 700 that was already in the truck when I bought it. It came apart and destroyed the trans that was no more than six months old, so I got the B29-SD converter with the Monster SD 700R4 That's in the truck now. Some advice, Get an aux trans cooler for this trans conversion. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks