• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 swap

us74k5

So I ended up busting my left knee pretty bad, probably wont be able to depress a clutch ever again:-( So I traded my buddy back home the hydro 465 I had been planning to put into my M1009, for his built 700r4. I have been looking around quite a bit, and for some reason cannot seem to find an exact break down of what I will need to swap this thing in. I have done the swap itself several times, but only on a gasser. I know I will need a diesel torque converter, as well as a diesel governor, my question is will the TH400 flexplate work with the 700? Also, can someone send me a link to the exact TV linkage i need to order to go with the 700? I am getting the 700 and transfer case, so no issues there. Anything I am missing? Also, does anyone know if the 700 will interfere with exhaust that will be going on when I install the 6.5 turbo? Thanks again

-Matt

1stDeuce

You need a 700R4 flexplate too, it's different than the 400 plate. And you have to do some wiring for lockup. Reortedly, t can be wired to just lock up in 3-4 pretty easily, though I haven't gotten to that part yet...

If you're swapping a 700R4 into an M1009, you'll also most likely need new gears too... 3.08's and OD are going to be unhappy together unless you have really small tires on it.
C

southdave

70 buck atuto zone for a flex plate, you canuse a B&M 70244 mech. lock up as I did with mine you can also just wire it to a switch. It might be easier to do a search you will need to swap out pedstol mount a the torque converter is a B-29, there are few differ ones chose your stall there about 70-110 bucks. Note I have been warn not to set the trans unless you know what you doing, they can be burned up in a hurry.

mangus580

search the forum under my name and 700R4 - as I have done the swap and given the list quite a few times.

Keep in mind the diesel 700R4 was different than the gas - had more clutches in a pack or something along those lines.