• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 swap

us74k5

So I ended up busting my left knee pretty bad, probably wont be able to depress a clutch ever again:-( So I traded my buddy back home the hydro 465 I had been planning to put into my M1009, for his built 700r4. I have been looking around quite a bit, and for some reason cannot seem to find an exact break down of what I will need to swap this thing in. I have done the swap itself several times, but only on a gasser. I know I will need a diesel torque converter, as well as a diesel governor, my question is will the TH400 flexplate work with the 700? Also, can someone send me a link to the exact TV linkage i need to order to go with the 700? I am getting the 700 and transfer case, so no issues there. Anything I am missing? Also, does anyone know if the 700 will interfere with exhaust that will be going on when I install the 6.5 turbo? Thanks again

-Matt

1stDeuce

You need a 700R4 flexplate too, it's different than the 400 plate. And you have to do some wiring for lockup. Reortedly, t can be wired to just lock up in 3-4 pretty easily, though I haven't gotten to that part yet...

If you're swapping a 700R4 into an M1009, you'll also most likely need new gears too... 3.08's and OD are going to be unhappy together unless you have really small tires on it.
C

southdave

70 buck atuto zone for a flex plate, you canuse a B&M 70244 mech. lock up as I did with mine you can also just wire it to a switch. It might be easier to do a search you will need to swap out pedstol mount a the torque converter is a B-29, there are few differ ones chose your stall there about 70-110 bucks. Note I have been warn not to set the trans unless you know what you doing, they can be burned up in a hurry.

mangus580

search the forum under my name and 700R4 - as I have done the swap and given the list quite a few times.

Keep in mind the diesel 700R4 was different than the gas - had more clutches in a pack or something along those lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks