• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700R4 TV Cable Adjustment - 1986 M998

Subaugusta710

Hi Guys,
Wrapping up my 700R4 install in M998. I am looking for some advice on how to adjust the TV cable. I am not using the original OEM cable. This is a new cable and is already installed on the 700R4 and at the TV cable bracket. Also would be interested to know if I can use my original 3 speed shifter for the new 4 speed transmission or if I need to modify or get a different shifter. Thanks

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a tranny fluid pressure gauge, bowtie overdrives has a guide. Either that or take to experienced tranny shoppe to adjust for you. If you get this wrong you will blow the tranny.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used this method for many years with great results.

Mark

BenderIsGreat

Hi Guys,
Wrapping up my 700R4 install in M998. I am looking for some advice on how to adjust the TV cable. I am not using the original OEM cable. This is a new cable and is already installed on the 700R4 and at the TV cable bracket. Also would be interested to know if I can use my original 3 speed shifter for the new 4 speed transmission or if I need to modify or get a different shifter. Thanks
Where did you find a bracket? I have a fully built up 700R4 and cable but I can't find a tv bracket for the 6.2? (The $400 on ebay is a bit much.)
Also did you do the lockup kit - if so which?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find a bracket? I have a fully built up 700R4 and cable but I can't find a tv bracket for the 6.2? (The $400 on ebay is a bit much.)
I have a bracket somewhere. I will look. If I can find it I will name a price.

Subaugusta710

I used the original bracket - will take pics of how I modified the end of the cable to make it clip into the existing bracket. I am wrapping up the lock-up kit now but I am using a relay and the cruise control switch at the brake to cut it out.

BenderIsGreat

I have a bracket somewhere. I will look. If I can find it I will name a price.
I found a bracket a few towns over where a guy was parting out old squarebodies via FB marketplace. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

The price wasn't bad either. He has some impressive builds out front, and a lot of good parts trucks for those interested: extremeoffroadnc (FB and insta). Good luck to everyone else trying to find a bracket.

BenderIsGreat

I did. If you're near eastern NC, try extremeoffroadnc. You might try calling him and seeing if he has one he can mail maybe?

Otherwise keep cruising your local parts yards and 4x4 shops where squarebodies lay around.

I know someone on one of these forums offered to fab one based on the measurements... I'd be willing to help but I have to get this trans finished this summer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks