• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 tv cable

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. Without it installed and properly adjusted it will burn up your transmission.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must use the TV bracket and GM TV cable or else you will fry your transmission before you can get back from Sack O' Suds.

The bracket is a discontinued item however they are available at salvage yards or on that wonderful auction site. Expect to pay $100 or more for the bracket. Run a Parts Wanted ad in the SS classifieds and you might get a reply. The cable is available and is GM part #25515599.

Hope this helps.

Chaski

Just to toss this out there... If you or your builder uses a transgo shift kit, be sure to follow the TV cable adjustment procedure given in the shift kit instructions. For whatever reason the transgo kit often requires the TV cable to be loose compared to the way it would normally be adjusted. Anyway just do the traditional method of fully retracting the housing while depressing the pushbutton, pulling the housing towards the cab. Release the pushbutton then go depress the accelerator pedal to the floor. Presto-magic your TV cable is now properly adjusted for 90% of the 700r4's out there.

If I see a wanted add pop up in the classifieds I will probably give up my coveted spare bracket.

SForce

84cucv1ton,

You may want to PM Iceman3005 as he completed this install approximately a year ago. I believe he showed a nicely fabricated bracket in his photographs that he may have fabricated himself. If you do a search for the 700r4, you will find the link. Good luck and I hope he can assist with this.

Iceman3005

I can make you one, haven't had much time to make any right now. To be honest, it has been on the back burner for a long time. Haven't had much time to mess around with it. But if you can't find one let me know.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He has an advertisement in the classifieds. I replied to it a couple days ago with pictures of the bracket I have for sale and my asking price.
Yeah I saw his ad and your reply. I just paid $100 for my TV bracket and was glad to get it for that price. I will cease to attempt to help the fellow.

Attachments

Chaski

Replied to your PM. All I need is money and a shipping address. I can't ship it out until Friday, if you are in a hurry PayPal me and I'll see if I can get the wife to ship it for me sooner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks