• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

71 AMG M35A2, Binding Up When Backing Up??

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My deuce is binding up when I back it up, I removed rear driveshaft and tried it in reverse again, and the front rear would bindup and the rest of the truck rolled back. I jacked the front up and checked the front u-joints and axle joints, all ok. I does it in gear and in neutral? any help? Thanks I was thinking transfer case?

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've had a problem with a truck that wouldn't reverse after the parking brake was on, it just needed to be adjusted. It would go forward fine but not reverse.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I've had a problem with a truck that wouldn't reverse after the parking brake was on, it just needed to be adjusted. It would go forward fine but not reverse.
Like wise, the handle was in the off position but the bands were still tight on the brake, I dissembled, lubed and adjusted and works fine now. My buddy calls it lot rot.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for all 3 of the parking brake springs to be in place.

Almost always the issue.

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone!!! I'll check in the morn, and I'm sure its the problem as I noticed 2 springs gone on the brake set up!! The funny thing is I removed the bed and replaced the front pig and did extensive testing on driveline!! ha ha have excellent driveline now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks