• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 moves to south carolina

dougimes

OK, some progress, but now questions.

photo2.jpg

Mounted an m16 rack, the TM shows it behind the seats, but I like it better in front.
Back to the gas in the oil problem. I have run the engine for about 30 minutes, a dozen or so times of turning it on, shutting it down. There is a noticeable amount of gas in the oil. I took a look down the carb after shutting the engine off to see if fuel was leaking down. A little, a thimble full perhaps. I don't think its coming thru the carb. that leaves the fuel pump, unless someone can think of something else.

I had the fuel pump off before and checked it, could not detect a leak. maybe it is only leaking when it is pumping. I would say that the oil has been cut with a pint of gas at this point.
thoughts?

Also- I am thinking the truck is going to be good for some of the MV shows that are a longer haul- it drives pretty easy, comfortable.

M37 happy speed is 42mph. What is the happy speed for the 715?
Also- any recommendations on locking hubs? Good source?