• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

72-2500 Exciter

dcfostermn

It would help if you told us what gen set it goes to. Looks like a 30 KW, maybe a MEP-005A?

Whats wrong with the one you have?
I am guessing it is an MEP005A, but there is no data plate verifying this. The plate says 72-500, 30KW.

I don't have access to the generator directly ... it is located in Haiti. I provide them support as best I can. The mechanic there working on it has just asked for a new exciter assembly. I haven't been able to find any leads on one, not even a part number.

Any help is appreciated.

dcfostermn

I don't have access to the generator directly ... it is located in Haiti. I provide them support as best I can. The mechanic there working on it has just asked for a new exciter assembly. I haven't been able to find any leads on one, not even a part number.

Any help is appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
72-500 is the part number. 107D240G01 is also a part number. I looked through fleebay, nothing. Put a want add in the forum. Try green mountain. Try a guy in fleebay with the name, I think of cowsil?

Better yet, ask whats wrong with the one on site. Testing is easy. Read the book. Could be just diodes. Or the exciter stator. I think I even saw one while looking in fleebay.