• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

750 mile recovery on the horizon

Good evening folks and congratulations are in order. I'm planning a road trip to pick up my first deuce from another SS member.

My trip will take me from Dallas TX to Columbus GA and back.

The chase car is getting prepped and I hope I have everything I need for general emergencies but if anyone can point me to a thread with good info I would be eternally grateful.

I'm looking at a 1987 M35A2C which looks to be in fine shape. lonesome715 tells me it should make the trip fine and I believe him but I surely know that Mr. Murphy will be along for the entire trip and I'm sure hoping to stack the deck a bit on him and pick up a few contacts along the I20 corridor that I might call on for some friendly assistance in the direst of circumstances.

All advice is greatly appreciated and any provided support will be amply rewarded with a case of the choicest brew of your desire!

I'm excited to finally get to join the M35 club.

:x

Pics will be provided after I make it home!

gunner01

grats to ya enjoy the ride home many people will be starring at the cool truck driving down the road. and just remember there is a little kid in all of us, so remember to honk that horn to the little kids:)

Picked up my 1st round draft pick today.

:D Wow, what an awesome day.

After a 750 mile trip, I am finally the proud addict of my first deuce.

Made about 300 miles towards the journey home.

I can honestly say a 300 mile grin is hard to wipe off.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Haha, I love the Wendy's shot!

Thanks to all.

The restaurant shots are for my scrapbook so I can remember the places I stopped :grin:

The tires are Michelin 11x20s and while I've never driven the NDTs I must say these handle very well for their tread pattern. Plus, I can run 50-55 quite comfortable and the truck is just loafing in the low 2000 RPM range.

An oh yeah...I just GOTTA get me a 5 ton now! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks