• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"79 M916"

jarhead65

I know i have seen threads on alternator problems with 916's. I have to ask for some advise as to the difference in rectifiers pic to follow. I have seen two different models of them? I will be looking to replace with other model.The one in pic is original.new style on right side.will i be able to make it work?

20210726_115235.jpgIMG_3218.jpg

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My advice to you is get rid of that piggyback 12/24 converter and get a remote mounted newer version. The OEM unit catches fire. Had happened to lots of us. The alternator itself is fine.

jarhead65

My advice to you is get rid of that piggyback 12/24 converter and get a remote mounted newer version. The OEM unit catches fire. Had happened to lots of us. The alternator itself is fine.
figured as much,you are very correct. the alt shows to still be putting out 13.9 v. i will do some reserch as to the non piggy back remote style,thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks