• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8.3 Cummins fuel adjustment

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Can you take a picture of said tamper screw? I didn’t have anything tamper proof on my unmolested 8.3 so I’m curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Screw under my finger in post 13View attachment 812791has since been molested.
So there’s 2 screws top and bottom of that cap that i removed, then under it was simply 2 jam nuts there, I used a large 3/8 drive socket on the big nut held socket with channel locks, then used a 1/4 socket with extension I had inside the 3/8 drive socket and loosened it, then backed the small nut all the way until it almost fell off, then backed the big nut off until it was snug against it.

In theory, there shouldn’t be anything tamper proof within this picture

Steelreaper80

So there’s 2 screws top and bottom of that cap that i removed, then under it was simply 2 jam nuts there, I used a large 3/8 drive socket on the big nut held socket with channel locks, then used a 1/4 socket with extension I had inside the 3/8 drive socket and loosened it, then backed the small nut all the way until it almost fell off, then backed the big nut off until it was snug against it.

In theory, there shouldn’t be anything tamper proof within this picture

How much power did you add going all the way out and is that too much fuel for a heavily loaded truck?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
How much power did you add going all the way out and is that too much fuel for a heavily loaded truck?
It doesn’t add a lot dyno wise, but it’s enough to melt a max loaded truck down with an operator who doesn’t know how to drive it, the aftercooler is a JOKE by not only being restrictive but barely removing heat from the air charge and often adding heat in cooler weather to the charge.

If you have a pyrometer, and you actually drive it with some sense, it’ll live indefinitely but let someone else drive it loaded and they might blow it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks