• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8" lift help needed

shedhunter

I'm building my shorty,and raising it 8" by using a frame off of another deuce. I want to mount the steering box in the lower frame. This means I"ll have to extend my streering column and put a u-joint in it. Can anyone tell me why the electrical wire goes clear down into the steering box? I know someone has done this before, any help would be greatly appreceated.

SasquatchSanta

This is probably the dump question of the year and I don't want to come off as if I'm being critical because I'm not but is it legal from a "street legal" standpoint to do an 8" lift?

Trango

As has been stated, the horn solenoid is always fed 24v, and you just need to ground it to make the horn sound. That ground connection is completed by the button in the steering wheel, and is conveyed by the wire running through the steering tube.

I redid my steering with a new box, and I put a small SPST momentary switch on the dash (it's identical to flapper button on a pinball machine). Easy.

shedhunter

Theres no bumper height restrictions in the state of Iowa. And yes I already there is no marriage restrictions either. The latter definitly was'nt MY IDEA so don't blame!