• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 weeks and counting

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on where your truck is. Then it is possible you contact the lot personnel to schedule your pickup

The 10 day guideline just their standard disclaimer. They don't tend to enforce it being as some yards are only manned 1 day a week. Some are 1 day every other week

Where is your truck located and I can give you the applicable phone number.
Evidently nobody is monitoring the email account, I called in and ignored all the instructions to use email to schedule pickup and after a modest wait received the contact info I needed.

EDIT, little bit scary,, the local contact has to check, he thinks my M998 may have gone through "abandonment" whatever the hell that means.

Last edited:

AtlantaSBR

Depending on where your truck is. Then it is possible you contact the lot personnel to schedule your pickup

The 10 day guideline just their standard disclaimer. They don't tend to enforce it being as some yards are only manned 1 day a week. Some are 1 day every other week

Where is your truck located and I can give you the applicable phone number.
I called rather than emailed and got the number directly from the Customer Service rep to pick up my vehicle in Albany next week. They didn't do anything other than make sure my release form was property generated and give me a phone number.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am picking up my M1097A2 on Thursday! Any hiccups getting it?
No, went real smoothly, the guy loaded the M998 with a forklift saving me time, we then went to a different depot about 40min away, had called the guy and he had the mep831a on the forklift when we got there.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy Richie Bros has lost there minds!! last week they tried to get an opening bid on a two separate MEP-831As of 3K ea., these were missing parts, the highest any MEP-831A has ever sold for is $2500 and they were NEW still in the plastic wrap, What a bunch of morons!!!

Bmack02

Purchased my hmmwv on april 29 th 2020. Had my EUC in after some corrections on may 14 th. May 16 th it showed submitted to TSC pending approval. June 14th I talked to trade securities directly. They said they had no record even of the sale of the rig. I relayed that to gov planet, just to get the run around. Finally Aug 15 th or somewhere close to, I get a email saying my EUC was at trade securities but needed updated, as my drivers license had expired during this long wait. The first time I talked to trade securities he said that they were not behind at all and that gov planet may send in 10 EUC a week. Gov planet just deny deny deny. So after my updated license was sent in, (same day) I tried to get a answer for 3 days as to if they got that sent to TSC. They of course claim they did. One week later talk to trade securities and they never got it. Also was informed that obviously gov planet forgot about my application and or it got lost.. TSC thought by the start of the week he would have me processed. If gov planet sent my info back of course. I'm not going to be very happy if by middle of the week I still am in the same position I was in in may. Gov planet keeps blaming covid and TSC. It's not TSC. THAT is for sure from what I hear. Iam greatful that were still getting processed dont get me wrong. Just dont like being lied to is all.. hopefully everyone will have better luck in the future with this!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Purchased my hmmwv on april 29 th 2020. Had my EUC in after some corrections on may 14 th. May 16 th it showed submitted to TSC pending approval. June 14th I talked to trade securities directly. They said they had no record even of the sale of the rig. I relayed that to gov planet, just to get the run around. Finally Aug 15 th or somewhere close to, I get a email saying my EUC was at trade securities but needed updated, as my drivers license had expired during this long wait. The first time I talked to trade securities he said that they were not behind at all and that gov planet may send in 10 EUC a week. Gov planet just deny deny deny. So after my updated license was sent in, (same day) I tried to get a answer for 3 days as to if they got that sent to TSC. They of course claim they did. One week later talk to trade securities and they never got it. Also was informed that obviously gov planet forgot about my application and or it got lost.. TSC thought by the start of the week he would have me processed. If gov planet sent my info back of course. I'm not going to be very happy if by middle of the week I still am in the same position I was in in may. Gov planet keeps blaming covid and TSC. It's not TSC. THAT is for sure from what I hear. Iam greatful that were still getting processed dont get me wrong. Just dont like being lied to is all.. hopefully everyone will have better luck in the future with this!
Well if your timeline ends up the same as mine you will get a release in a month or so, my purchase was April 1st and I picked up the M998 on Monday.
Now comes the long wait for the SF-97, I have no idea whom we should all contact but we need to get Richie Bros out of the US surplus business, they are not doing the customer OR the American tax payer any justice.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well if your timeline ends up the same as mine you will get a release in a month or so, my purchase was April 1st and I picked up the M998 on Monday.
Now comes the long wait for the SF-97, I have no idea whom we should all contact but we need to get Richie Bros out of the US surplus business, they are not doing the customer OR the American tax payer any justice.
Unfortunately you can't get them out of the business unless you want to give the government more money per item than RB is giving them. Which is 75% I think. Need to have a bunch of money for warehouses and yards, staff, semi trucks and trailers, insurance, etc.

Bmack02

I understand. The only thing that is upsetting is that things get so twisted and alot of chasing our tails on a wild goose chase. So far, I havent been told one thing that's been true... that's what is frustrating. As I said tho I'm just thankful for what they are doing... things could always be worse.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWI
To our valued customers,

In order to accommodate buyers picking up purchases during the challenging times of COVID-19, we temporarily paused our abandonment policy.

Effective Sep 24, 2020 we are reinstating this policy and will be strictly enforcing abandonment deadlines. After purchase, there will be a 60-day abandonment period. After that period is over, the item(s) in question will be automatically relisted and placed into an auction. Customers will not be able to pick the item up after the 60-day deadline.

Any purchased items that are currently past their pick up deadline will be given a 30 day extension, starting Sep 24.

Click here for more details on our abandonment policy.

If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact our Customer Service at +1 (844) 225-8799 or via email: CustomerService@GovPlanet.com

Sincerely,

The GovPlanet team

FurnaceGuy

I purchased an M1123 on 6/17, the EUC was filed on 6/20 and status shows "Submitted to TSC, pending approval", last updated 6/30.
I'm not expecting that I would have received a pickup notice yet given the timelines that others have been reporting here, however after seeing how others have contacted the TSC office only to find that in fact their EUC hadn't actually been submitted makes me think I should call myself. Can anyone share contact info for them please?

AtlantaSBR

In true Richie Bros fashion, nearly 4 weeks after I pick up my truck I receive an email that my EUC was missed and has been resubmitted and I don’t need to do anything further.

Did I win a free Humvee? Or just general incompetence? When i login to my account it still says EUC approved.

jmenende

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy Richie Bros has lost there minds!! last week they tried to get an opening bid on a two separate MEP-831As of 3K ea., these were missing parts, the highest any MEP-831A has ever sold for is $2500 and they were NEW still in the plastic wrap, What a bunch of morons!!!
These people are nuts. They jacked up all genset prices and are gouging due to hurricane season.

Bmack02

I would call for sure. After TSC finally got my paperwork the they requested corrections. I sent them to gov planet same day. To make a very long story short and many times of gov planet saying they sent my documents to TSC and TSC saying they didnt get them. I FINALLY got gov planet to admit they hadn't sent them to TSC. I bought mine 4/29/20 and still havent heard back. I can say this TSC assures me that they aren't too busy..

Stinkmarder

#####
Dear Valued GovPlanet Customer,

We have recently received communication from the Government regarding the asset you recently won with GovPlanet that required an End User Certificate (EUC). Unfortunately, the government service charged with approval of your EUC experienced a technical issue. We are in the process of re-submitting the EUC information on your behalf. Fortunately, we do not need any additional information from you. However, the timeframe for approval of your EUC will likely be extended by several weeks.

We are working closely with the government to get your EUC processed and approved as quickly as possible. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this unfortunate circumstance
#####

Bmack02

Well at least they said something to you. Last week TSC had my paperwork. Now this week, they dont know if they have it... it is one let down after another. Plenty of excuses, and yet none seem to work at actually expediting the arrival of my vehicle. Now it's almost winter, and I still am in the same spot of unknown I was 4 months ago. Very disappointed, to say the least.

AtlantaSBR

#####
Dear Valued GovPlanet Customer,

We have recently received communication from the Government regarding the asset you recently won with GovPlanet that required an End User Certificate (EUC). Unfortunately, the government service charged with approval of your EUC experienced a technical issue. We are in the process of re-submitting the EUC information on your behalf. Fortunately, we do not need any additional information from you. However, the timeframe for approval of your EUC will likely be extended by several weeks.

We are working closely with the government to get your EUC processed and approved as quickly as possible. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this unfortunate circumstance
#####
I got the letter after I already picked up my truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks