• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

800 series 5 ton air pack reseal

timgc78

Hello gentlemen. Is anyone in here familiar with the reseal/overhaul of 800 series 5 ton air packs? Any advice or things to look for when disassembling and resealing the air pack?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I found a Technical Manual (TM) that explains the process. It's an antique, but it should be helpful (attached below).

Also had a shortcut marking the 1980 version of the same manual TM 9-2320-260-34-2-3 that is dated 1980. More details in the link below.

Several vendors here sell New Old Stock (NOS) parts. A little Marvel Mystery Oil may be handy to free up stuck parts even in the brand new NOS parts.

Attachments

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a rebuild kit from Big Mike's and it's pretty straight forward. Just make sure you don't have too much pitting inside the can. If you do just get a NOS can.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

timgc78

Wow. Yep that was nasty inside. I fear mine is as well considering its sat for years. Anybody know who has airpack components for sale if I need parts. I already have a reseal kit.